There are 151 users in the forums

The Curse of Takeo Spikes

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Ether
  • Veteran
So I was thinking back from last year when someone mentioned Takeo Spikes, who in my opinion has been a great linebacker his entire career, has never been on a Playoff team. Starting out in Cincinnati, they were one of the worst teams in the NFL. Moves to Buffalo, where it seemed like they fielded sorry teams every season. The one year he was in Philadelphia? 8-8, miss the playoffs (Eagles advanced to Playoffs and made it to the 2nd round the next season). Of course, we know he was here for a couple years, both of which we were hyped to be the champions of the NFC West and busted harder than Peter North. So, this offseason he leaves to San Diego, who just came off an MVP caliber season by Philip Rivers and poised to win the AFC West. What happens? Philip Rivers has thrown more picks in 8 games this year than he did the entire year last year, and the 49ers are 7-1.

Is Takeo Spikes the real-life Madden Curse? Great player, but whatever team he's on will never make the playoffs.
Sucks for him.
I don't know, but I don't feel bad for him after he essentially slammed "Camp Alex" on ESPN.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Sucks for him.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They need to cut him asap dude is cursed, maybe it has something to do with his anaconda neck.
lol. Sucks to be him in a sense. He's rich as f**k so he doesn't really mind I'm sure THAT much. Either way. He has bad luck with getting into the playoffs.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
lol @ busted harder than Peter North.

But maybe he is cursed. He's like the Shareef Abdur-Rahim of the NBA. He never made the Playoffs until I think his second to last season, like 10+ years, and I think got injured and his career ended basically right after he did make the Playoffs.
It sounds like a good made for tv movie
is laboy really starting with spikes? oh lawd

He isn't cursed. Just keeps getting picked up by teams with bad coaches. And while in philly I remember they had lots of injuries that year. He is just unlucky. Good guy though.
First class guy. Wish him well.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Sleeper for Hall of Fame
I used to think this idea was stupid. But now I think it may be real.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I don't know, but I don't feel bad for him after he essentially slammed "Camp Alex" on ESPN.

what did he say?
Share 49ersWebzone